After a wet and gloomy summer, London 2012 couldn’t have come at a better time and they were arguably the best ever modern Games.
The lasting talk has been to create a ‘legacy’ and to ‘inspire a generation’ but was the younger generation inspired over those two weeks? Well who better to ask than the kids themselves and here are some of the findings (results based on those aged 8-16 years old):
- 48% say the Olympics has inspired them to take part in more sport.
- Only 4% said they didn’t enjoy the Olympics at all while 49% gave them a 5/5 rating.
- Mo Farah was the boys’ favourite British gold medal winner while girls’ favourite was Jessica Ennis.
- 73% think it is worth brands spending large sums of money to be official Olympic sponsors.
- Coca-Cola, Adidas and McDonalds’ were the three sponsors that they were most aware of during the Olympics.
- 72% are looking forward to the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro