After a wet and gloomy summer, London 2012 couldn’t have come at a better time and they were arguably the best ever modern Games.
The lasting talk has been to create a ‘legacy’ and to ‘inspire a generation’ but was the younger generation inspired over those two weeks? Well who better to ask than the kids themselves and here are some of the findings (results based on those aged 8-16 years old):
- 48% say the Olympics has inspired them to take part in more sport.
- Only 4% said they didn’t enjoy the Olympics at all while 49% gave them a 5/5 rating.
- Mo Farah was the boys’ favourite British gold medal winner while girls’ favourite was Jessica Ennis.
- 73% think it is worth brands spending large sums of money to be official Olympic sponsors.
- Coca-Cola, Adidas and McDonalds’ were the three sponsors that they were most aware of during the Olympics.
- 72% are looking forward to the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro
It’s been just over 2 years since Apple released the iPad and in that time the Tablet market has exploded with a variety of different products.
The latest findings from our Youthscape Q2 report shows tablet ownership for kids and teens (8-16 years old) in the UK continues to grow as 23% now own a tablet, which is up from 18% just 3 months ago. Unsurprisingly the iPad is the most commonly owned tablet with 57% owning an iPad while the other most commonly owned tablets are the Blackberry Playbook (13%), Kindle Fire (9%) and the Samsung Galaxy (9%).
Most use their tablets predominantly to surf the internet with the number accessing the internet on a tablet at home rising dramatically to 27% up from 12% last year. The number reading e-books has almost doubled over the past year too, with tablets contributing to this growthas 43% use their tablets to read e-books.
Apps are of course one of the primary uses for a tablet many of which are gaming apps and overall 73% who have tablets use them for gaming. However, interest in gaming on tablets is less popular with older teens as 63% 14-16 year olds who own a tablet use it for gaming compared to 78% of 8-13 year olds.
To find out more and get a complimentary Youthscape sample report get in touch at email@example.com
Earlier this year we partnered up with LIMA (Licensing Industry Merchandiser’s Association) to offer all their members exclusive access to our research at a discounted rate.
If you are a LIMA member and would like to find out more, get in touch via the contact email below and we will get back to you straight away.